Random thoughts

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Morning updates

The plane that crashed into the building yesterday was being piloted by Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle. (I don't actually know who that is, but sports fans tell me he used to play for the Phillies.) Clearly a terrorist attack - I always knew the Yankees hated freedom. Having watched CNN all day, this post from Wonkette cracked me up. Seriously, CNN - 6-way split screen? Is that really necessary? I also liked this description of the location of the building: "midway between Wall Street and… upstate New York."

North Korea intends to conduct more nuclear tests if we don't change our "hostile attitude" - so, um, basically, we're screwed. They claim that they needed to develop nuclear weapons to protect themselves from the "increasing danger of war" from the United States. I don't know whatever gave them that idea. It's not like we start "preemptive" wars with countries we don't like or anything. Here's more on Kim Jong Il's narcissism from Merrill Markoe, which is an entertaining read, but gets a shout-out mostly for mentioning Jack Bauer.

Remind me to stay away from Greenleaf, Idaho. I'd fear for my life.

And here's an interesting NYTimes piece on eating habits, and the crazy things that affect them.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At October 16, 2006 at 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so are the idaho people using guns to defend themselves from floods? or new people who want to move there?

and the eating habits thing made me hungry XD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home