Random thoughts

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Take a picture of this face...

...because it's the last time you'll see it until Election Day.

I started my new job on Tuesday night (after having worked my old job until 5pm on Tuesday). Fortunately, I DON'T have to drive to Plymouth Meeting (yay for no long awful commute), instead, I'm working in the ghetto of Philly.

We're doing mapping - plotting out van routes for E-Day canvassers, preparing maps for van drivers and canvassers, for all of Philadelphia and the surrounding counties. It involves a lot of coloring and making maps on the computer. But - yay! - I got promoted twice in two days. (At this rate, I'll be running the campaign by Election Day.) I'm now executive head colorer. Or something like that.

My new hours are going to be, well, kind of disgusting. We don't start until 10, which is swell, but we go until 9 or 10 at night... and the hours will get longer as we get closer, so I'll probably be staying until 2am or later by the end there. Which means that no one will probably see me again until Nov. 8th.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 19, 2006 at 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

executive head colorer? that's awesome. i'd like to be a part of that. can i work for you by coloring?
i hope the hours don't get too crazy. although you could just take naps under your desk.

 
At October 26, 2006 at 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, it really is the last time i'll see your face...it's been a whole week without a new post! I miss these sneak peeks into the life of Laura. I hope coloring is going well, and that people share their crayons!

 
At November 6, 2006 at 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude! that stationary thing was awesome! I got 9, but now the other 11 are bugging me!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home