Random thoughts

Thursday, May 06, 2010

Freedom!

I am officially DONE with this semester - emailed my last paper to the professor last night. Which means I'm free... for a whole two weeks, and then the summer session starts. Oh well.

Anyway, it's that time of year, so if you're curious whether your favorite shows will be back next year, here's the chart for you. I'm happy to see that only two of my shows are "on the bubble" - Chuck, as ever (eat more Subway!), and Life Unexpected, which was cute, but I probably won't miss it. Getting the axe are 24, which I knew about and am ready for the end, and Dollhouse, which was canceled in the spectacular chaos of "let's cram five seasons worth of plot into the last six episodes" six months ago, so I'm not sure why it's even worth mentioning.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 7, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your thoughts on this season's "Chuck"? I rather liked the bumbling Charles Bartowski of the first two seasons. I guess with the escalation to superspy, Morgan has to become the comic foil now... Dunno. I'll still watch it, 'cause it's still very entertaining, but I didn't like this week's as much as the others.

And the reason we met - "24" - is coming to a close. We knew this was happening - wasn't Kiefer only signed for this many seasons?

 
At May 7, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I love Chuck this season. I've had some issues with the pacing of the season, and I didn't like the Sarah/Shaw stuff, but I am totally digging the Intersect 2.0 and Chuck becoming a real spy.

This week's episode was kind of meh, but I've loved the last few before that - and I firmly believe that the show can still be good with Chuck and Sarah as a couple.

I think they need to change up the pairings a bit, though. We've gotten several episodes in a row that have Chuck and Sarah doing one thing, and Morgan and Casey off doing something else. I miss the Chuck/Sarah/Casey team, especially the Chuck/Casey dynamic, and I think there's some comedy gold to be mined from Sarah and Morgan living together, so I'm hoping they play around with that some more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home