Random thoughts

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Last week's Chuck

Still chugging along with the TV... I did watch this week's Chuck, but haven't had a chance for thoughts yet, so we're still on last week.

I loved that Chuck's mission instructions self-destructed, but I loved even more that Chuck's reaction was all, "That actually self-destructed. Just like in the movies."

Am I the only one who found Casey's "I made my bunk, now I have to lie in it" extra funny because of Jayne? I gotta say, Casey tormenting Jeffster in the Buy More is comedy gold. Also - "It was a thoughtful felony." lol

Ah, the Subway product placement is out in full force, lol. Usually that kind of thing is really jarring for me, because it's never integrated well, but for some reason, it works on Chuck. Or maybe I'm just more tolerant because Subway is saving the show.

I was a little bit relieved to see Chuck and Sarah actually making some progress in talking about how they feel. Not, as I've said before, because I'm necessarily rooting for the ship, but at some point the dancing around gets to be a bit much and I just want them to get to the point already. I do feel a little bit annoyed at Sarah, that all this time she's kept Chuck at a distance because their respective roles meant they couldn't be together - but when he does what he has to do, becomes a real spy in order to be with her, she decides she doesn't like that Chuck. I said before that I liked the genuine conflict there, with them both changing so much that they'd passed each other, with Chuck getting more spylike and Sarah getting softer, but it does make it seem like Sarah wants to have her cake and eat it, too.

I'm also curious to see how things play out with Chuck not actually passing his test on his own. Casey's not always going to be around to kill people for him. One of the cool things about the extra episode order on this season is that things feel like they're really heating up to a big finale (which will be two weeks from now)... but then we still get six more episodes!

This was the first episode I really noticed Zachary Levi's stunt double. I don't know if it's because Levi's really good at doing the stunts (in one of the interviews at the end of S2, Schwartz and Fedak said they were thrilled at how good he turned out to be once they really let him do stuff), so the double doesn't get used much or what, but it was kind of distracting.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home