Random thoughts

Friday, March 27, 2009

Yeah...

Yesterday was an interesting day... I went to another funeral (complete with a trumpet playing "Taps" and a gun salute - this is a srs bsns funeral, y'all), and came home with a new car. Well, a different car. New to me. Mine was leaky, so I swapped with my dad (so he could fix it), which means until Easter, I am driving a midlife crisis car (red, sporty, shaped like a penis).

I have NO motivation to do work today. Totally checked out. It was kind of a rough week - worked until 7:30pm on Tuesday, was back in at 8:15am on Wednesday, had a hearing all day, and stayed until 6, when I left to drive home for the funeral. Next week will be equally annoying - we have four hearings, bringing our total to 15 in two months - but after that, hopefully it will slow down.

Anyway, things are looking good for Friday Night Lights, but if it does come back, Tyra and Lyla will be getting "departure arcs" a la Street and Smash this year. Which I'm pretty okay with, actually, because I never liked Lyla, and I feel like Tyra's been repeating the same two storylines since season 1, so it's time to move on. Plus, it will annoy me if no one ever graduates.

Also, watch David Boreanaz dance. Really.

For anyone interested in Rob Thomas' show Party Down, it looks like all the episodes are up on Starz's website. I've only watched the first ep, and wasn't totally blown away, but it was good enough to watch some more.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At March 27, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have you seen the previews for Cupid? I'm willing to give Rob Thomas a fair shot, but...I'm iffy about it. And I'm a Classicist! Or maybe that's why.

 
At March 27, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hahaha, and I just watched DB dance. He's pretty good! I love him.

 
At March 27, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Anonymous megan said...

sorry you had to go to another funeral.


and aw, i love david boreanaz!
"you're pretty good at this"
"of course i am"
haha, he's still so cute

 
At March 29, 2009 at 12:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't seen any previews for Cupid, but I'll probably watch it just because it's Rob Thomas. I never saw the original version, so I'm unbiased.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home