Random thoughts

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Remember me?

In an attempt to rehabilitate this blog, I thought it might be nice if I posted once in a while. Sorry I've been superbusy in work, but it doesn't really seem like it'll let up any time soon. I seriously, seriously need a vacation, but that's not going to happen when I'm trying to find a new job and move to DC.

Anyway, I watched Dollhouse last week. (If you'd like to read about it, Whedonesque has links to about eleventy billion interviews with Joss and/or Eliza.) I was not impressed. I really don't think Eliza can pull off this role, and I'm still iffy on the premise. I'll give it a few more weeks, but just the fact that it's Joss isn't enough to make me want to watch.

On the other hand, several of my favorite shows are coming to an end, either for good or for the season. We're up to the last five episodes of Battlestar Galactica (ever!) and I think my head might explode (in a good way). The Psych season finale is tomorrow (wow, that came up fast), and Leverage ends on Tuesday. I've really been a fan of Leverage (enough that I just gave it its own tag), so I recommend you all catch up during the break, as they've been renewed for a second season.

On the other-other hand, My Boys is coming back March 31st. Also, Kristen Bell is guest starring on Rob Thomas' Party Down, which means I'm wishing even harder than I got Starz.

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At February 19, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Woo, 2 posts in one week! That is exciting. I too was not very impressed with Dollhouse, but I'll give it a few more weeks. If it sucks, I'll just start watching Leverage or something!

 
At February 19, 2009 at 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't catch dollhouse, but meghan did, and she said she wasn't impressed either. i watched dr. horrible again today, since i stumbled upon it on hulu. now i have the "with my freeze ray" song stuck in my head.
hey, i'm trying to get a job at the national zoo in dc. i applied for a keeper job. but i probably won't hear anything about it, that's how things are going.
also, conan o'brien's last show is tomorrow night, before he takes over for leno :( i requested for tickets for a show this month, but didn't get any. sadness. i <3 conan

 
At February 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was up in hershey/palmyra last weekend with lara, i waved as we drove past harrisburg, did you see me? sorry, it totally slipped my mind to call you until we drove past.

 
At February 25, 2009 at 7:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's okay... I wasn't here anyway. I went home for my uncle's memorial service.

I hear you on the job woes. As of today, I've applied for 35 jobs. Andrew said, "Wow. Maybe you should stop counting." Which I would, except the excel spreadsheet I use to keep track of them is numbered...

 
At February 26, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. 35 since when? i've got 41 since july. or only 28 since december.
i started an excel spreadsheet too, after a friend told me how she did that. i also have a word document of everything i find that i need to apply for. it's about 25 pages long. eep

 
At February 26, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, how are you liking this season of "24"? I think it's one of their strongest yet... and I only hope that if next year is their last year, that they go out as strong as these episodes have been.

 
At February 27, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Blogger Laura said...

35 since Thanksgiving-ish. My spreadsheet is 20 pages long. :(

24 is good. I'm not blown away by it, because I feel like at this point, they've already done just about every shocking thing there is to do, but I'm still enjoying it.

 
At March 8, 2009 at 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, did you ever get the doctor horrible dvd? i watched the musical commentary over at a friend's house the other day. funny stuff

 
At March 8, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I did not, in fact, get the Dr. Horrible DVD. I kept meaning to, and then either forgetting or putting it off for some reason.

Also, I notice once again that it's been weeks since I updated. Oops?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home