Random thoughts

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

My TV thoughts, let me show you them

Okay, so I've been dropping the ball a lot lately on the TV watching, but I managed to catch up over the weekend. I finally got around to watching 24: Redemption, which I thought was pretty good. Mostly it just got me anxious for more 24, which I guess was kind of the point, but I did like the whole Jack-in-Africa deal (I kind of love the idea of him traveling the world doing good deeds to make up for all the bad things he's done), and I'm glad they got a chance to do it, after scrapping it from season seven.

The plot itself was a little predictable (I knew Jack was going to trade his freedom for the kids as soon as they handed him the subpoena), but no one watches 24 for its unpredictability anymore. We watch it to see Jack kick ass, which he did pretty well. I admit, I laughed my ass off when the African dude tried to torture Jack, like, "You pathetic amateur! This is Jack F'ing Bauer. You think you can break him? Dream on, baby."

I also watched the Psych Christmas special, which for some incomprehensible reason aired in November. (I've given up trying to understand the schedule monkeys.) Best part of the episode was definitely Gus and his sister: "Forehead!" "Ears!" How great is it to have such a close relationship that you can insult someone without actually insulting them, all you have to do is name the body part?

Also caught up with last week's HIMYM (naked Barney!!!!) and Bones. Can we please knock it off with the "Booth is dumb" storylines? He's not, okay? He's an FBI agent. They don't let idiots into the FBI, trust me, I've applied. He may not be as geeky as Brennan and the squints, but he's not stupid. Take note, Show, you're on notice.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home