Random thoughts

Monday, August 18, 2008

I can't think of anything clever...

Hope you all had a good weekend. I'm still all "OMG I love Mad Men" because this week's episode was fantastic.

We attempted to go out for Danielle's birthday on Saturday, and we had a nice dinner at the Firehouse (and Cat even came, and Cat never comes out with us!), but by the time we got to bar #2, Danielle had a migraine and wanted to call it quits, so Jade and I ended up partying for her. But it's okay, because her actual birthday isn't until the 25th, so we've got time to try again, lol.

After bar-hopping for a while, we ended up at good old Zembie's, and they had the Olympics on pretty much every TV. So, despite my aversion to all things 5-ringed, I did manage to see Michael Phelps break the record for most gold medals in a single Olympics. (Sidebar: Damn. He is hot.) It was pretty funny to watch everyone in the bar get all excited about it.

In other news, the Democratic convention is shaping up (it starts next Monday). I'm trying to figure out who the likely VP is by eliminating everyone who's already slotted for a speech, lol.

Also, Russia invaded Georgia (the country, not the state), and W. went on vacation. That's the kind of leadership we're looking for. But don't worry - France has got it covered.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home