Random thoughts

Friday, February 29, 2008

TGIF

Wow, this week has been neverending. Possibly because I've been going into work at 8am, working through lunch, and getting home at an average of 7pm. (Of course, the first three days it was because of meetings. Last night was because of beer.) I seriously cannot wait for this week to be over. Then, if we can get through the hearings next week, maybe things will calm down. Just a little?

Anyway, if you're following politics (okay, let's be honest, do any of you follow politics unless I post about it?), you know it's not looking good for my girl Hillary. I'm disappointed, obviously, although I really shouldn't be surprised. The Democratic Party doesn't exactly have a history of choosing the best candidate of the bunch (John Kerry? Seriously?). It won't surprise me in the least if the Obama bubble bursts right around September, when the Republicans dig up whatever dirty tactics they'll use to tear him down, and McCain, who has a long-standing reputation for being one of the most appealing Republicans to liberals, will look like a pretty damn good option to just about everyone - conservatives, liberals, and independents.

As liberal as I am, I'm actually probably more moderate than most of the party. I understand the purpose of bipartisanship, rather than just steamrolling the other side, and I get the sense that the Democrats are getting as extreme to the left as Republicans have been to the right for the last 15 years. After sitting through two terms of right-wing extremism, just when the country seems prime for a change of party, I'm now faced with the possibility of losing to another Republican, because they've finally wised up and picked a moderate candidate. More thoughts on that here.

In happier news, Ausiello has some suggestions for casting Joss Whedon's new show "Dollhouse." I can't really get over the description of Charlie Weber (Glory's alter ego, Ben) as "distractingly handsome" - are we talking about the same guy?? He's not bad to look at, but I wouldn't go so far as to say handsome, let alone distractingly so.

And also, the Nine Most Baffling Theme Parks From Around the World (some images not safe for work). I love the OceanDome, the world's largest indoor water park, built less than 1,000 from the actual ocean. Also check out the "Copyright Infringiest Place on Earth," featuring characters like "Duck" and "Girl Cat," who has suspiciously round ears and wears a red and white polka-dot dress. I'm not even going to comment on the theme park with the gigantic stone penis.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home