Random thoughts

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dead Like Me (again)

Or should it be Dead(er) Like Me? Either way, I finished season 2 and liked it more than season 1.

Um, these are mostly criticisms (I really did like it, I just don't have much to say about the good parts). But they're in bullet form!
  • I really hated Daisy's religion kick. I dislike Daisy enough already, making her self-righteous on top of being self-centered and airheaded is just cruel.

  • I thought it was cool that we got some background on Rube. Unfortunately, the show didn't last long enough to really do much with it.

  • I love Mason (apparently "snarky British fuck-up" is a kink of mine), but he is really annoying when he's mooning after Daisy. I can't decide if it's just because I hate Daisy or if he really gets whinier around her. Either way, I could really do without it.

  • Roxy's bad-ass. We need more Roxy. Especially when she's threatening Mason with bodily harm.

  • What is up with George's sudden abundance of midriff-bearing shirts? News flash, George, this:



    is a vest. You're supposed to wear a shirt UNDER IT.

  • What is the deal with Misty the office slut? The show has somewhat toned down the over-the-top stuff, which makes her stick out like a sore thumb.

  • I had some SERIOUS Friday Night Lights flashbacks with the whole Ray murder thing. Didn't Mason learn from Landry's five-state killing spree that violence doesn't solve anything?

  • What the actual fuck happened with Ray? Was he possessed by the graveling, and that's why he was such an asshole? Was the graveling trying to provoke Mason into killing Ray? Why? And why was there no actual follow-up on the death without a post-it? Isn't that breaking the rules? Shouldn't there be consequences, aside from an annoying graveling? (Oh, right, I forgot, this show doesn't bother with "rules" anymore.)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 13, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ray just had an evil soul. And when Mason popped him with no Post-It, a graveling was created...
Yeah, there were consequences, but being a Reaper makes it easier to hid it, I suppose.
Dunno. Still thought Season 1 was way better than 2, and the movie's no great shakes, but it is fun to see the cast again.
Hiya!!

 
At July 14, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I feel like that could've been better explained...

Ah, I have a post coming about the movie. It is not happy. :-P

 
At July 14, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Whoops - that should have been "easier to hide it"...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home