Random thoughts

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Food post

I tried a new recipe for Steak with Parsley Sauce from my Great Foods Fast cookbook, but I couldn't find quite the same one online. I wouldn't worry, though, because while the steak came out fine (I just browned it in a pan with olive oil), the parsley sauce was major fail. It was supposed to get pureed in a blender, but there weren't enough ingredients to cover the blades, so it never really blended. For a while, I tried scooping the mixture onto the blades and then blending, but eventually I gave up and just threw it away. It didn't taste that great anyway. Here's the recipe if you're curious:

Parsley Sauce


1 garlic clove, chopped
1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper

In a blender, puree the garlic, parsley, olive oil, and 3 tablespoons water until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Makes 1/2 cup.

I also made Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan as a side, and that came out really well. The recipe in my book didn't include the breadcrumbs, but that does sound tasty. I am kind of hit-or-miss with asparagus, but this was very good, tender and not stringy at all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home