Random thoughts

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

I used my crock pot!

This weekend, we had the inaugural outing of my brand new crock pot, and I was only slightly paranoid about leaving the house with food cooking. :)

I love clementines. Last week, I did one of those things where I bought a whole crate of them at the store, and when I got home, I looked at them and thought, "What was I thinking?" Because as much as I love them, I don't think I can eat five pounds of clementines before they go bad. So I started looking for some recipes involving clementines so I could use up some of them, and I found this slow cooker recipe for Sweet and Sour Clementine Pork Chops (third one down). It came out reasonably well, although I was expecting it to taste like Chinese sweet and sour pork and it was totally not that.

As a side dish, I made Gingered Sugar Snaps, since I thought the ginger would go well with the Asian pork chops. I didn't actually have snap peas, though, so I used snow peas. Still worked out pretty well. I'm also still using the ginger paste I bought the day of the snow storm instead of fresh ginger, and it's quite a time saver.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 7, 2010 at 12:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

my mom made some yummy pepper steak tonight for dinner, using the crock pot. not sure where she got the recipe, but you pretty much brown the steak first, then throw it in the crock pot with green peppers, and i'm guessing soy sauce for like, 5 hours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home