Random thoughts

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Yep, you guessed it...

Another snow day. Got an email from GW, and they have adopted the term "snowpocalypse," so you know it must be serious. Meanwhile, a flock of crows have taken shelter in the tree outside my window, and it is driving Chelsea craaaaa-zeeeee. She is hopping from window to window, meowing furiously (although sometimes it sounds more like a pathetic "Mommy, do something!" whine), while the birds blissfully ignore her.

Speaking of crazy, guess what Chuck shippers are up to. If you're just joining us, the latest development in the Chuck/Sarah forbidden love tale has both of them being paired up with other people (oh the horrors). Chuck's hooking up with fellow Nerd Herder Hannah, while Sarah's showing some attraction to fellow spy Shaw. (Weirdly, both love interests are played by Superman alums - Kristin Kreuk from Smallville and Brandon Routh from Superman Returns.)

I personally am not terribly invested in Chuck/Sarah. Yes, they're obviously meant for each other, but I'm in no hurry to get there. On the occasions when I wish they would just get together already, it's usually because they're pushing the "we can't be together" angst over the top (as they did in the first few eps of the season), and not out of any particular desire to see them consummate their love. I don't have any problems with this newest obstacle - I actually like Hannah, which is a little bit of a shock, given that I generally avoid anything (or anyone) Smallville-related like the plague. It seems a little weird to me that Sarah and Shaw would want a relationship, given that they both have a "spies don't fall in love" rule. Granted, Sarah's spent the entire run of the show breaking that rule with Chuck, but specifically because of that, I'd expect her to tread more cautiously here.

Still, I'm willing to sit back and see where the show takes this. Crazy-cakes shippers, on the other hand, seem to think this has absolutely ruined the show for good, and one "fan" even suggested a boycott so that low ratings force the writers to get Chuck and Sarah together. Alan Sepinwall explains why this is completely idiotic. He also talks to the show creators about the controversy, which only seems to emphasize how much the fans are overreacting. I swear to God, if my shiny show gets canceled because whiny Charah fans executed a completely useless boycott, HEADS WILL ROLL.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 11, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

ha, i love "snowpocalypse". i think it was letterman last night that was deciding between that and "snowmageddon". i haven't worked at any of my jobs since last thursday (though i'm scheduled for tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes), and school has been canceled all week. craziness. i'm so bored, stuck inside. salisbury even declared a state of emergency, and no one could drive on the roads.

 
At February 12, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Yeah, I've been pretty bored, too. I was thinking ahead enough to go food shopping, but if I'd known I'd be cooped up for a week, I definitely would've stocked up on books and movies to keep myself entertained.

Or possibly moved to Florida.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home