Random thoughts

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cookies!

A couple weeks ago, I had a dinner to go to, and wanted to bring something other than a bottle of wine, so I tried two new cookie recipes. I got an email from my dinner hosts saying that they couldn't stop eating my cookies, so I guess that's a good review, lol. :)

I started out making Butter and Jam Thumbprints, using the leftover apricot jam from my chicken recipe a few weeks ago. Following the tips from the commenters on the website, I refrigerated the dough for about 15-20 minutes before adding the jam and baking. (It's best to scoop the dough onto the baking sheet and shape it first, before refrigerating, otherwise the dough will be too hard to work with.) They came out looking very nice, and they taste yummy. I decided not to bother rolling them in sugar, as the recipe suggests, which was fine, but I don't think it would hurt if they were a bit sweeter. I just didn't have the time, since I was also making...

Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze. These suckers came out huge - they really spread out in the oven, so I'd advise making your scoops much smaller than the recipe tells you to. Also, I didn't have enough lemon glaze for all the cookies, but maybe I was spreading it on too thick. The cookies themselves are a little bland when eaten plain; the glaze really gives them the lemony flavor.

I did some more baking today, and I have what I am calling "multi-chip" cookies (chocolate, white chocolate, and butterscotch chips) cooling as we speak. If they're any good, I'll let you know.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home