Random thoughts

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The end of 24

Sounds like this really will be the final season of 24. I can't really say I'm disappointed. The show definitely bounced back after the dismal sixth season, but nothing in 7 or what I've seen of 8 has captured my attention the way the earlier seasons did. We've gotten to the point where everything's recycled, and I'm only tuning in to see how Jack's gonna be awesome this week. (Although, I have to say, I was pretty impressed with the junior terrorist who got himself blown up this week. It's a fairly predictable plot, but the acting was well done.)

But seriously. Any show that makes me dislike Katee Sackhoff is Doing It Wrong. I'm almost appallingly fascinated at how they've managed to take someone who played one of the most kick-ass female characters on modern television, and given her one of the most unempowering plot lines I've ever seen.

I bet the movie'll be cool, though.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 12, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Echo that on the Katee Sackhoff sentiment. Her plotline is one of the worst "24" has ever seen.

Since Kiefer was only signed through the end of this season, I figured they'd be done in May... no big surprise, with the cancellation talks and all.

Hope you're well!!
eds

 

Post a Comment

<< Home