Random thoughts

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Life Unexpected

Hi, guys. Still doing okay - taking lots of meds, but eating normal food and actually gaining weight (but hopefully not too much...).

I started watching a new show this week - Life Unexpected on the CW. (I know! I haven't watched the CW since Veronica Mars was canceled.) It's been billed as the next Gilmore Girls, probably because it features a quirky, intelligent teenage girl and her very young, got-pregnant-in-high-school parents. The difference is that in this case the young mom, Cate, didn't keep the baby, and so Lux (the daughter) ended up in the foster care system, and has only just found her birth parents in an attempt to get emancipated at age 16. Anyway, the third episode aired last night, and so far I like it. It reminds me of the old school WB shows I used to like.

Except you know what kind of disturbs me? When Gilmore Girls was on, I was Rory's age. She was the character I identified with (although I sometimes wished my mom was as young and hip as Lorelai). But with Life Unexpected, I find that I'm actually closer in age to the parents. Eeek! Granted, it's biologically impossible for me to have a 16-year-old daughter, but still... it kind of makes me feel old.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home