Random thoughts

Monday, May 18, 2009

Finally!

Usually, if I'm not posting for a while, it's because I'm busy, and then there's this whole catching-up process where I try to cover everything that I missed over the X number of weeks I wasn't able to check my regular blogs.

Lately, it's been the opposite. Plenty of time to read, nothing to talk about. Most shows are winding down (WTF was up with the Bones finale?), and so the only big news is in what's getting renewed. If you've been following along with the cheat sheet I linked to a while back, you should be up-to-date, but in case you're not, here's the deal.

First and foremost, CHUCK IS BACK! Albeit with a reduced budget, but that seems to be par for the course in TV this year. Also an emerging pattern is that low-rated shows seem to have a better chance at renewal this year, since I guess the networks would rather spend their money on low-performing shows they already have than risk spending it on new shows that might do even worse. That's apparently what saved Dollhouse (along with, again, the slashed budget thing), which I'm kinda "meh" about. I was ready to call it quits, but I hung on till the magical episode 6, and... yeah, it's better now than it was at the beginning, but I found the finale somewhat disappointing, and wouldn't really have minded if that was the last we saw of it. I feel like this time Joss' grand statement is kind of getting in the way of the storytelling. (Also, I no longer trust him farther than I can throw him, after how he ruined the Buffy season 8 comics.)

Also, this article is mostly for Kelly, but honestly, it pisses me off that my diploma is in Latin. I find it ridiculous that we need to make up Latin words like "Franklinus et Marshallanium" (I have no idea if that's right but it's close enough) just to make ourselves sound smarter. It's bullshit. That's not the name of the college I went to, and I don't want it on my degree.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 19, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Anonymous Kelly said...

I think a diploma in Latin would be cool for parts of the diploma, but I too think it is silly to make up Latin words. Makes it hard for even people who know Latin to read the stupid thing! But I was very happy to be able to read the Latin on that article you linked to, haha. 6 years of school was worth something!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home