Random thoughts

Friday, September 05, 2008

ugh

Okay, I did go out last night. But I didn't drink anything. So how come it feels like I got hit in the head with a baseball bat, and I might possibly throw up? It's not fair. I shouldn't get hangovers from drinking Diet Coke.

Since I wasn't home, I didn't watch McCain's speech at the RNC. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to write about it. (Oh, stop whining.) Apparently, he called for an end to "partisan rancor." Well, he could start with the speakers who preceded him at his own convention. Seriously, the Democrats were saying things about McCain like "he's a good friend" and "he served his country" - and the Republicans rip Obama a new one, mainly by making shit up. I guess McCain wasn't paying attention.

Also in the "ridiculous shit" category, the observations that the Republicans are trying to act like they're the opposition party. Uh, I know you've spent the whole convention pretending Bush doesn't exist, but you do remember that he's in your party, right? And that he's been, y'know, President for the past eight years?

And then there's the "Democrats look down their noses at regular people" argument. Can someone explain to me when going to an Ivy League school became a BAD thing? And really, should the guy who can't remember how many houses he owns and a party that thinks the economy is doing just fine really be talking about who's more in touch with regular people?

It's also nice to know I'm not the only one who noticed that the RNC is almost entirely white.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home