Random thoughts

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Good lord

I really shouldn't watch the Republican Convention. It does terrible things to my blood pressure. But I watched it anyway, because of the unbearable curiosity about what Sarah Palin would say. Unfortunately, I turned the TV on too early, and managed to catch Rudy Giuliani ranting and raving like a lunatic before Palin came on. I can only echo this columnist: "If you’re going to be really mean for an extended period of time, it’s better if you don’t look as if you want to lunge for the throat of the cameramen."

I'm also astounded (although I really shouldn't be at this point) at the blatant falsehoods that the Republicans throw around. I haven't found a good fact-checking of last night's speeches (which had me ranting via IM to Kelly, who couldn't care less), but I did find this report on Lieberman and Fred Thompson.

And finally, just pointing out that no one has mentioned the economy this week. Because it's fine. What kind of fairy land does the GOP live in?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home