Random thoughts

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Every weekend should be three days long

Hope everyone enjoyed their Labor Day weekend. My parents came up to visit, mostly because they wanted to see Chelsea (they've only seen her twice, and haven't spent more than a few hours with her at a time). My mom was incredibly jealous that my cat is way friendlier than her cat.

While they were here, we went to Kipona - an annual arts festival/Native American pow-wow type thing that takes place along the river and on City Island. I'll admit, the pow-wow wasn't nearly as cool as the one I went to on the reservation in South Dakota, but still fun, and I got a comparable sunburn, and we still ate way too much food (Mom: "If I ever suggest we get a bloomin' onion again, tell me no.").

I also took my parents to Zembie's, which is like Cheers, where my friends and I walk in and everyone knows us, and the waitress knows what we're going to order before we even sit down. It's "our" place, so I was all excited and hoping that my parents would like it, which they did. My dad was mostly pleased because it's a sports bar, and they turned on the Nascar race when I asked them to. :) We also ran into Ben and Cat there, which was nice, since my parents haven't seen Ben since graduation.

Anyway, while I've been busy all weekend, the news has been all about Sarah Palin. The women are not impressed, and the experience debate has gone crazy. This week is, of course, the Republican National Convention, but I promise not to post as much about it as the DNC. Just a well-placed rant or two should suffice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home