Random thoughts

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Season finales, part 2

Okay, HIMYM. Rules from last post still apply.

I'm feeling almost as ambivalent about this one as I am about the Bones finale. Not because it was so much shocking, but because while there was some interesting character development and some excellent plot twists, it wasn't very funny. And for a comedy, it really ought to be funny.

So... we got Ted and Stella breaking up, only to get back together, only for Stella to realize they'd broken up and actually break up with him. Yep, that's definitely a HIMYM relationship, lol. Ted's proposal at the end was probably the least shocking thing about their arc. It seems way too soon, but then this is the guy who told Robin he loved her after one date. I'm super excited that this will probably lead to more Sarah Chalke next season, but my big fear now is that they'll break up and it'll be disaster. Sarah Chalke is so awesome that I'm really starting to want her to be the mother, and I think there's lot of potential for disappointment if the mother doesn't measure up to her in terms of awesomeness.

Sidebar: Has anyone else noticed that Lily and Marshall really should stop talking to Stella? They keep causing problems... first by letting it slip that Ted blabbed about her not having had sex in five years, and now tipping Stella off to the break-up.

Of course, Ted and Stella weren't the only reunion in this ep. Barney is back in the fold, and he and Ted are bros again. Everybody now: awwww. And how about that sidelong glance at Robin? I'm curious where that ends up going, especially since Robin seems pretty nonchalant with Barney. Is it possible that Barney will find himself on the other side of things for once?

Marshall's miracles. Oh, man. I think the pencil up Barney's nose might be my favorite, although the expressions Jason Segal made with the lice were priceless.

I kinda missed talking about the Office finale, since I watched it in my hotel room in Williamsport, so I think this is pretty much it for the season. I don't watch any other shows... Gosh, that's depressing. Damn writers' strike. Oh, well, at least I still have Battlestar Galactica.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home