Random thoughts

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Political adjustment

I haven't mentioned the results of Tuesday's primaries yet. Obama took North Carolina, Clinton won Indiana, but not by enough to make a strong argument for staying in the race. I had drinks last night with Ben (who worked on the Clinton campaign in PA) and we decided we're giving ourselves until Monday to be sad and bitter (during which time we will cling to our guns and our religion), and then we'll get over it and support Obama. We're both party people when it comes down to it (that's political party folks, and if anyone questions why happy hour last night lasted for five hours, well... no comment), so it'll just take some adjustment and then we'll be okay.

To be honest, I'm starting to feel like a kid who ate too much candy. At the beginning I was all, "Woo! Exciting primary season! Super fun!" but now I've totally overdosed on politics, and I just want it to all be over.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home