Random thoughts

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

OMG

How about Bones last night? It was totally worth it to put up with the blatant American Idol references (not to mention the former contestants) just to hear Eric Millegan belt out "Love is a Many Splendored Thing." I almost hyperventilated through the entire thing. I knew Brennan was going to sing, but Zack took me totally by surprise. Also have to say, Booth's hilarious facial expressions during Brennan's song were even better than the singing itself. It was up there with Angel's dancing skills.

Oh, and um, did someone get shot? I'm pretty much not worried about that, considering this just isn't a show that kills off its main characters. (Come on, it's Bones, not Buffy.) You could see it coming a mile away (pretty much as soon as they introduced stalker-chick), so it wasn't really much of a shocker, except I was kind of expecting Zack to get hit, after Millegan's interview. Props to Brennan for that fantastic shot, btw. Next week, season finale - whee!!

And I am officially tired of Britney Spears. One episode was fine, two is pushing it. She just can't deliver lines without sounding completely wooden. But I guess we have to thank her for getting our show renewed.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 13, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Same here... I tolerated Britney for the first episode, but last night's was just too much to ask of me. But yes, I'm also glad they're renewing HIMYM. They renewed Reaper and Pushing Daisies, so color me happy.

But death to Ashton Kutcher for having ABC's slate only include 2 new scripted shows, and 4 of the other new shows are "reality" programs where he's the executive producer.

Why, why, WHY does America have this obsession with "reality TV"? Don't we have enough drama and badness in our lives? Obviously not enough, 'cause these reality shows are scoring well above scripted shows.

Someone once said "it's easier to break it than build it", and I believe the same can be said about programming. To just point a camera at someone and say "okay, this guy doesn't like you and you don't like him - GO" is easier than to actually create something imaginative. I have NEVER watched reality shows, and I never will.

Thank you for being an advocate of scripted, imaginative and entertaining shows - for this, you get my love.

eds

 
At May 15, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I gave up on Reaper, but people say it got better, so maybe I'll give it another shot. It's midseason, so I have plenty of time to catch up.

I've just given up on trying to understand the appeal of reality TV. I mean, I get why the networks like it, it's incredibly cheap to make. But they wouldn't make so much of it if people weren't watching it, and 9 times out of 10, preferring it over scripted TV.

My only conclusion - and this is based on my (relatively short) life experience - is that 99% of people in this country (the world?) are DEEPLY stupid. "Plots" are just too much for them to handle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home