Random thoughts

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I come bearing spoilers

Hi! Happy Wednesday! Is it over yet? I'm so tired, I need another weekend already. Not like I did anything this past weekend (except give my apartment the vicious cleaning it so thoroughly deserved).

I'm planning a little grad school visit to GW in May, and I sent in the forms to get another copy of my GRE scores, since the originals have mysteriously disappeared (and the crazy part is - I did it ALL without calling my representative. Isn't that strange? Sorry, work-related bitterness creeping in). Anyway, it suddenly feels all serious now, even though me potentially moving is still a year away, and still only "potentially."

The IRS tells me I owe them $2,000 from 2006. I can't imagine what for. I didn't make any money in 2006; I worked on a campaign. I vehemently protest.

Okay, so now the spoilers. Ausiello has lots of news on Bones (kissing and death!), 24 (Jack's going to Africa after all), and The Office ("Goodbye, Toby"?)

Also, I've been watching season 1 of House on DVD. I don't really know why I've never watched it - it's on after Bones, which I watch anyway, and it's a procedural, so it's not like I need to catch up or anything. Anyway, I like it (I was somewhat tickled when a patient with a tapeworm was named after Becky), even if it is pretty predictable - House does something that gets him in trouble with the hooker from the West Wing (love her!), the black guy disagrees with everything House does, the girl gets harassed and/or disrespected for being pretty, compassionate, and/or a girl, and the patient has a seizure. Every time. I'm not a doctor or anything, but is it realistic for EVERY patient they see to have seizures? It can't possibly be a symptom of everything. In fact, it seems mostly to be a symptom of being treated by House.

I also question the fact that House nearly kills someone every week, but then it's all okay because he eventually makes them better (most of the time). Every episode it's like "OMG, this patient came in with X and we made them worse and now they're dying!!" as though that doesn't happen every week. Considering the amount of malpractice suits he should have, they could easily turn this into a lawyer show instead of a doctor show.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 30, 2008 at 5:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Still nothing about HIMYM and whether it's been granted a fourth season... :(

 
At April 30, 2008 at 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, nice house analysis. i sometimes watch it, because my roomie does, but still can't get over what an ass that guy is.

also, i'm not reading the office spoiler! although that was hilarious what happened last week, when he jumped the fence.
aw, poor toby.
but i did hear that someone was leaving the show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home