Random thoughts

Monday, May 05, 2008

'Bout damn time we heard something good!

Okay, it's not a network announcement, but this article has the magic words in relation to How I Met Your Mother: "a pickup is considered a given." Squee!

In other news, that chick who dated Landry on FNL is gonna be on Heroes next season.

I went on a shopping spree this weekend, good old retail therapy, and came home with new clothes, matching earrings, perfume for myself and my mother (Mother's Day is coming up), and a new toaster oven! I also went grocery shopping, but that was less fun.

Speaking of Mother's Day, my mom called me yesterday to see if I was coming home. I said no, since I just went home two weekends in a row in April, and we're going to DC in a few weeks. So Mom gives me the mopey, "Oh well. Another Mother's Day you're not going to be home."
Me: But I'll see you when we go to DC. We can celebrate then.
Mom: Oh, well, maybe next year we'll celebrate your birthday the week after, too.
Me: Uh... that's what we did this year, remember? Since it was a waste to celebrate my birthday and Easter on separate days?
Mom: Oh yeah...

And speaking of birthdays, shout-out to Megan, whose is tomorrow! Yay!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 5, 2008 at 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooray for bday shout outs!

you're going to dc this weekend? you should extend your trip and come to the other side of the bay and visit me!

 
At May 6, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Blogger Laura said...

No DC this weekend... May 23-24. I would definitely come see you, except my mom's driving us, and she wants to go home Saturday, so I can't really extend the trip. Apparently, she's got plans on Sunday - who ever heard of parents having a social life??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home