Random thoughts

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Heroes rant for this week

Well, surprisingly, not a lot to rant about. I think this was the best episode of the season so far. For several reasons:
  1. No Wonder Twins. I would be perfectly happy if the next time we see Sylar, we find out that he killed them off screen.
  2. Jogging Peter's memory. Not sure if he actually remembered stuff, or if he just read his mother's mind, but it's a start. Amnesia-Peter is not much fun.
  3. Claire and West are broken up! I hope. He looked pretty pissed. I still don't like him, and that prank was unbelievably dumb.
  4. The Irish girl got left in the future. It's heartless, I know, but at this point I kinda just want to get rid of her.
  5. Hiro's back in the present. Thank the FRIGGIN' Lord. I love me some David Anders, but I don't think I could take another second of feudal Japan or the boring-ass love triangle.
  6. Even better, Kensei is in the present! I was clinging to the hope that the Kensei plot line would somehow tie into the present, and therefore NOT be an utter waste of time, and it looks like this is it. And I don't care if he's evil, I still love him.
  7. Best of all, Kensei/Adam is with Peter!! Two of the best characters together! And possibly with Kristen Bell on their heels. Squee!
Things I didn't like... well, mainly Mohinder being the stupidest stupidhead in Stupidville. Let us speak of him no more. *spits* If he kills HRG, I will be wicked pissed.

Props go to Matt Parkman, for NOT being a stupidhead this week. I don't understand why he has the same powers as his father, since we've seen that none of the other "Hero children" have the same powers as their parents - Nathan, Peter, Claire, Micah, Hiro... did we ever find out what Hiro's father's power was? And what about Simone? Presumably, her father had a power, since he was in the original group, but she never showed any ability. In any case, good job Matt on vastly increasing his power, defeating his father, and not being a dumbass, all at the same time!

I'm curious how Kensei ended up in the present. I guess either Hiro accidentally brought him there (although that wouldn't explain why they ended up in different places), or he can time travel himself, or (and I think this is the most interesting and most likely option) he's immortal because of the regeneration. Which means Claire and Peter are also immortal, which is pretty cool. It also means that Kensei has had 400 years to be pissed at Hiro and to work himself up into a right old lunatic. I think being immortal and indestructible for 400 years could give anyone a God-complex.

My only quibble is why Kensei's powers showed up so early. It seemed like the powers were all beginning to manifest in the last 30-40 years or so. Unless it's happened sporadically in the past, but they're mostly undocumented or written off as miracles or fakes.

Still not sure what's going on with the Company. Are they actually evil, or is the Shanti virus pandemic just an accident, the unfortunate result of them trying to play God? Is Kensei/Adam the one killing the ElderHeroes? Is he doing it to stop them from spreading the virus, or some other reason? What does it have to do with his vow to destroy Hiro? If he's a bad guy, did Peter know he was a bad guy when they teamed up? Is that why the Company wiped his memory? What the hell does Kristen Bell have to do with this?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At November 6, 2007 at 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Owww Claire is so sexy... She is my favorite character... What do you think it's going to happen? Is she going to be a cheerleader again?
I saw this funny video where some players ran over a cheerleader who was in their way...
http://www.weshow.com/us/p/21585/cheerleader_hit_by_football_players
That would not be a problem for Claire, right? LOL

 
At November 6, 2007 at 1:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Um, hello? You forgot the other reason why last night's episode didnt suck at all: wet naked Peter!

 
At November 6, 2007 at 3:05 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Gah! How could I forget wet naked Peter? That was indeed quite a highlight. Oh - and I've come up with a theory regarding the insanity that is Adrian Pasdar's hair. It's a conservation of mass principle. Peter lost his emo bangs, so Nathan had to grow excessive hair to compensate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home