Random thoughts

Monday, September 18, 2006

What are you watching?

Well, it's officially fall premiere season - and tonight is the highly-anticipated (by me, as well as probably others) debut of "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip." It's the new show from "The West Wing" creator Aaron Sorkin, and stars a whole slew of stars, including the beloved (by me) Bradley Whitford and Matthew Perry. As a fairly obsessive fan of "The West Wing," you better believe I'm looking for this show to become the next "best show on television." No pressure or anything. It's on tonight at 10pm on NBC - I encourage you to watch it. If you like smart, witty, and snappy, Aaron Sorkin usually delivers.

If you're curious, you can find a schedule of all the fall premieres here.

I'm not really looking forward to any other new shows, though I will probably check out Shark, Heroes, The Nine, Six Degrees, Ugly Betty... and this is sounding really ambitious. Yeah, I'll be lucky if I manage to catch one or two of those. I tend to be very dedicated to a small class of shows. Returning shows I plan to stick with: Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls, 24 (starting in January). Oh, and I am super-excited that 6 Feet Under reruns are gonna be on Bravo, since I've never had HBO. I also made a promise that I'd start watching Lost from the beginning on DVD... but I just have this feeling of dread, because I tried watching it before and couldn't get into it.

Got any suggestions for what to watch this season?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At September 19, 2006 at 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, ooh, you have to watch "the office". steve carrell is hilarious and the guy who plays jim is adorable. it's really funny and cute. i have the first 2 seasons on dvd. it's on thursday nights on nbc. there's a new show called "happy hour" that's pretty funny. i don't remember when it's on. what else do i watch? prison break was good the first season, now it kind of sucks. but the guy who plays michael is cute. "my name is earl" is funny, and "the amazing race" is good. i can't think of what else i watch. i'm a tv junkie. and i can't live without my roommate's tivo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home