Random thoughts

Thursday, September 14, 2006

I'd watch it... maybe

I'm not generally a fan of reality TV (except The Mole, man, that was a great show... Anderson Cooper...*sigh*), but I read about this show in the NYTimes (you probably need to register w/ the NYTimes, but it's free, and hey, the Times is cool). Since I am a lover of all things Andrew Lloyd Webber, naturally it piques my interest. It's an American Idol-type show to determine who will play Maria in The Sound of Music when it opens in the West End, with ALW and three judges scoring the contestants, but, as is the way in these democracy-loving nations, viewer voting determines who stays and who goes. It's a British show, airing on the BBC, but apparently they're thinking of doing an American version for the lead in Grease. Hmm...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home