Random thoughts

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Whatever happened to Gilmore Girls?

*sigh*

I used to love this show. I don't know what happened, but the Girls just aren't grabbing me as much as they used to. I tend to blame the introduction of April (also known as mini-Rory) and her whole screw-everything-up plotline. I also think Luke and Lorelai were much more fun when they weren't fighting/breaking up all the time. And there used to be a time when I identified with Rory, until her life became less normal high school girl and more soap operatic. (I mean, really, how many guys can one girl have fighting - literally, physically fighting - over her?)

But really, the last two or three seasons have ended with me fading out. I miss an episode, and I feel like I'm behind. Then I miss another episode, and another, and I just don't have the heart to bother getting caught up. It just doesn't pull me in the way it used to. And this season, being Palladinoless, I don't expect much improvement. Apparently, I'm not the only one.

I'll probably keep watching this season. It's the lead-in to Veronica Mars, which is must-see TV. As long as I don't find anything better to do on Tuesdays at 8.

In other TV news, I caught a repeat of the Kidnapped premiere, and had to stop watching after about 10 minutes to prevent myself from jabbing a fork in my eye. Suffice to say, that won't be added to the Tivo... if I had a Tivo... which I don't. *sigh*

Still watching Jericho. That show has more plot holes than, well, something hit by a nuclear bomb, but I like the premise. It is terribly overdramatic at times (like when they couldn't find Mayor Dad... and who didn't know Jake was gonna get to the house in time to save Emily?) but I guess when you may be the only survivors of a nuclear attack, there is a tendency to overreact to things.

I had intended to watch Ugly Betty, which premieres tonight. But, alas, I'm going to Scranton and won't be home until about midnight. And my Tivo-less self forgot to set the VCR. Maybe they'll rerun it or it'll be online or something. I also neglected to set the VCR for either Shark or Six Degrees, but I didn't really like either of them enough to really care.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At September 28, 2006 at 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i tried to watch the gilmore girls once. i hated it. they talk way too fast and no one is that witty in real life.
but kim thinks i look like the girl who plays rory--alexis somebody. i can't spell her last name.

 
At October 1, 2006 at 11:39 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Alexis Bledel... hmmm, I don't really see it. I mean, you both have brown hair, but other than that you don't look too much alike.

And I like to think that I am that witty in real life, lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home