Random thoughts

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Philly Sports

I'm not exactly a Phillies fan (I really don't care too much about baseball) but this article in the NYTimes caught my eye. Some highlights:
No one is more accustomed to failure than the hard-luck Phillies, who have lost more games than any franchise in any sport — 9,954, by the count of the Elias Sports Bureau.
Seriously? That's kind of a depressing record to have. As is this:
Such is the unrequited love of a sports fan in a city that has gone longer without a major pro title than any other with teams in the four major professional sports.
I'm fairly certain we're just cursed. But this is absolutely hilarious:

At least one fan has been driven to think feloniously.

In January 2005, an irate Phillies fan was convicted of 79 charges related to fraud, identity theft and computer hacking. According to the F.B.I., the fan hacked into computers in seven states, collected e-mail addresses and fired off rants that were supposedly sent from local sportswriters. In court, the fan’s lawyer said his client was obsessive, perhaps even psychotic, but not an intentional lawbreaker. He meant only to say that the Phillies stunk.

Ha.

1 Comments:

At September 27, 2006 at 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! That is quite pathetic. I feel bad for them. or I would, if I cared about baseball. Or if I thought one of their players was cute. Lancaster Barnstormers is where it's at!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home